Thursday 11 August 2011

THE IDLE HOUR, my favourite next door gastro pub

It has been a while since I last posted on my blog… Yesterday I went to my local pub to try the Three Different Currys for £7.95 each… It was on my to do list before leaving London and as the pub is just next door…While tasting my Indian curry and nibbling in the Trinidadian one chosen by the lovely person sitting in front of me, I thought I should write something one day about that pub…
The day has come I guess and if you are wondering where you could spend a lovely and relaxing evening in West London (or in Barnes as the concept started over there), get off the Piccadilly line or District Line at Baron’s Court and enjoy a few hours well spent at THE IDLE HOUR. The atmosphere is really warm with an inch of “being at home” feeling with candlelight and people from the neighbourhood enjoying a glass or two. The organic menu is excellent and diversified with some special offers during the week such as the Award Winning Organic Burger for half price on Monday or the Currys on Wednesday. I have also tried it on Sundays (with families and kids everywhere or as well old friends meeting for a brunch) and I have also been  there with some friends a night the English weather prevented us to organize a proper BBQ in our garden.
Their wine menu is not to be forgotten and if the weather is good enough you could maybe be lucky and enjoy the convertible roof (I have not been lucky enough yet…).

Enough of talking and I let you try it yourself. All the contact details can be found on their website: http://www.theidlehour.co.uk/barons_court/index.html

NB: If you are early enough you could also enjoy the happy hours sitting on red couches!

No comments:

Post a Comment